T (800) 460-2756
O (254) 761-3300
F (254) 761-3301
Zollie C. Steakley is a distinguished civil litigator who successfully represents his clients in various mass tort, product liability, and personal injury matters. Zollie was a part of the trial team that helped secure a verdict of $502 million in the Depuy Pinnacle Hip litigation as well as the recent $90 million verdict in a truck wreck. Zollie has been recognized as one of “The Rising Stars of Texas Law” in Texas Monthly magazine, Rising Star Editions since 2005 and was recognized as a Super Lawyer before he was 40 by the same publication. In 2007, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association presented Zollie as the first recipient of the Reich Chandler Outstanding Advocate Award, an award given for professionalism, tradition, faith and a deep commitment to justice.
He comes from a line of distinguished trial lawyers. His father currently practices in Sweetwater, Texas, and his great uncle served on the Texas Supreme Court for 20 years, was Texas’ Secretary of State and worked in the office of the Attorney General.
A graduate of Baylor Law School, with the ranking of “Highest in the Class,” Zollie currently helps in Baylor’s Advocacy Program and serves as an adjunct professor at the law school, having taught Consumer Protection and Products Liability.
Zollie is a firm believer in the civil justice system and prides himself on using it to best protect the interests of his clients. He cares deeply about the outcome as well as the client and never loses sight of whom he is representing. He has the skill, the talent, and the guts, as well as the firm’s resources, to take on the hard fights and some of the biggest legal challenges in the United States.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
Juris Doctor – 2000
Law Review: Baylor Law Review, Managing Editor, Notes and Comments Editor, Assistant Managing Editor
Baylor University, Waco, Texas
B.A. – 1998
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association PAC
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (TTLA)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association Advocates, Board of Directors
- TTLA PAC, Trustee
- TTLA, Nomination Committe
- American Association for Justice
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association
- Waco-McLennan County Young Lawyers Association
- Abner V. McCall American Inn of Court, Associate
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association